Tuesday, June 10, 2008

there's a lot to be said for knowing your way

Yesterday was Fai's first day at the new job, and my first day driving in Woodbridge without the GPS. All i had to do was find the way to Sam's to buy diapers. We've driven by there at least five times. Simple, right? It took me an hour and a half to make a fifteen minute drive. I had my cell phone with me, and knew that at any moment I could call my neighbor who works from home, but I was so certain I could remember the way on my own that I continued to drive up and down the Prince William Parkway looking for the street to turn on to get to Sam's. Finally, I couldn't do it any more, and called my neighbor. He told me that the street I was looking for was Worth Ave. Yes, this is another cheesy analogy, but I'll let you make the connections for this one on your own. It's amazing what I learn from making mistakes and being stubborn.

So this is Virginia. I think I can live here. I'm learning to live here. I can now make it to Sam's and the mall with no problems. That's something, right?

And something more: I'm fourteen weeks pregnant. We've kept it secret because of the miscarriage earlier this year, but I'm pregnant, and so far everything is going great, besides me being sick as usual, lol.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

congrats on the pregnancy!

Mrs. Blimes said...

you are wonderful!!! woodbridge is so lucky!

Jenn said...

Congrats again Olivia! Hope you're liking it up there.

lpettey said...

Congrats on the baby. That is so great! Hope your doing well.
Linzi Pettey

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!! Olivia, this is such exciting news. You sound like such an amazing, adoring mother, that any child born into your family will be so lucky. My prayers to your health and your little new one will double!