Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Crazy Hazy Lazy Days of Summer

Anjali is obsessed with her wading pool with all the intensity of a two year old. I invited this woman from church and her two boys over yesterday, and they had a blast out there. I think Anjali overwhelmed them a little with her exuberance. They just weren't ready for her, lol. Then as soon as she woke up from her nap she wanted to go "swimming, swimming," so as soon as I finished cooking dinner we were back there again, this time with Langston. Langston doesn't like the water, and gets really concerned when Anjali is in the wading pool, so he'll come up to the edge to check on her, and then gets splashed for his trouble. Very entertaining to watch.

Still no insurance cards. Fai is starting to harass those guys. Wouldn't be a big deal if I wasn't pregnant and sick. Yep, still sick. Learning to live with it. The baby though is very active. I'm getting kicked as I write this. I think it's a boy this time. If it's a boy, Fai wants it to be a junior. I don't think I'm ready for two Faiyazs. If it's a girl, the only name we've got is Cosette. Fai's idea, but I like it. I still seem to be losing weight, but have a very visible pregnancy gut going on. Fai felt the baby kick for the first time Monday night.

I'm rereading Jane Austin this summer. I recently read Sense and Sensibility, and am now reading Pride and Prejudice. Love the language. After I finish reading it, I'm going to do a Pride and Prejudice movie marathon. First I'll watch "Becoming Jane," then the Indian movie "Bride and Prejudice" then the newer version of "Pride and Prejudice" followed up by the classic A&E version, which is by far my favorite and the best book made movie ever.

So that's it, our lazy summer days spent in the wading pool with Langston circling with concern.

5 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

nice! man, i wanna feel my baby kick! puh-leeze post some pics with these blogs!

Jenn said...

Double PUH-LEEZE!!....good writing though, it does keep me involved and very interesed:)

Jcjohns said...

I hope you remember me....SIs. MCConnehey!! Now that I am done with school and a stay at home mom I am trying to contact everyone I lost track of. email me at jennissomewhere@gmail.com

Dottie! said...

Is there not any sort of medicaid or county program of sorts that you guys can use until you get your insurance cards?

Mema said...

Soooo happy to catch up with you all. And what a treat to see the pics. I am so happy for the new baby that's coming and sure that it will be very well loved and cared for. We haven't forgotten you down here in Tally. Take care! Love, Sis. Miller