Wednesday, August 20, 2008

dreams

So for many weeks now I've been having trouble sleeping. Some of the normal pregnant type, getting up to pee, getting kicked by baby, and my feet cramping up, but also more than just that. And feeling sick keeps me up some too. Whatever the reason, I'm waking up many many times each night. For a time I had vivid terrifying nightmares, but those have been replaced by some dreams that are just plan weird, starring many of you, my dear friends. In fact, odds are if I know you, I'm dreaming about you. Here's a few gems from the past few nights:

Lindsey Miller (gotta love that girl!) trying to feed me pickles. Yes, in the dream she was convinced that pickles would help me stop throwing up, so she was following me around with a giant jar of pickles trying to get me to eat them. Right now I don't like pickles.

Potty training Anjali. This isn't so weird as it is sad that I'm so obsessed with potty training that I'm dreaming about it.

My dad moved in with us, and was trying to set up the bassinet. Not pleasant, I think he broke it, lots of yelling involved...

Darling D'Arcy and her sister April (who I've only met once, not sure if I even remember what she looks like) came by when I was in the middle of folding laundry and the house was a mess. They proceeded to clean my house as I tried to stop them.

Is there a connection in these? The only one I could find is me having little control in them. Very odd. And they are all those really vivid kind that make you wonder for a few minutes if it's real.

I am defiantly nesting. I started unpacking baby clothes today. Anjali thought it was fun to help at first, but soon tired of it. "Mommy done yet? Mommy done?" and "Mommy, look at me, you done yet?" I don't know if she understands what's going on, I've been talking to her about it a lot. She's so adaptable that I'm confident she'll adjust well. I want to make her a quilt, I have the fabric for it, but I'm intimidated. Plus I'm still trying to edit the novel, and am hesitant to start anything that will cut into writing time. I think though that a home-made quilt would be a nice gift for her transition into a big girl bed. Still trying to find a twin bed for her, but I think she's ready for it now.

3 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

aren't pregnancy dreams fun??? i've been having my share of weird ones down here too!!!

Unknown said...

Girlfriend....that was a PRELUDE to a dream.... I will come and clean your house any time, then we can go into DC for a movie. I don't know about April though, I can barely get her to help clean our house!


The kids come back to school on Monday, which means last night I had a dream that the classroom was utter chaos, screaming, yelling, Ididn't have anything prepared to teach them, nothing! I ALWAYS have at least two of these nightmares before school starts up again.

Hopefully the reality of it will only stay in my sleep!

Olivia said...

D'Arcy, when I was in high school I had a new teacher in an English class. She got so frustrated with the students not listening one day that she climbed onto her desk and started screaming at everyone.

You may not clean my house, lol. Yes, I do struggle occasionally to keep it clean, but I think I can manage to get it up to par before you visit. Then we can just go shopping and to movies and do many impractical things and you can try some of my awful cooking.