Sunday, April 20, 2008

An Introduction

I am a stay at home mother and a writer. For some reason, when I tell people this they seem to think that the writing is a side note. I love being a mother, and love my daughter very much. At the same time, I can remember when I was eleven, and first realized that I wanted to write. Emily Dickinson became an obsession, and I began scribbling down bad poetry at every chance. I didn't know then that it was bad, and I felt such a thrill to be writing, to be getting words down on paper. That thrill has never left me, although thankfully my prose is much improved since then. I can't help wondering though, if ten years from now when I read the stuff I'm writing now, if it will then seem as bad to me as the stuff I wrote at age eleven?

4 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

welcome, welcome... love the blog, so dark and dramatic!

Jenn said...

Hey girl!
It was good to hear from you last night. I meant to ask y'all if you'd sold the house or what. See you Sunday!

The Miller Family said...

Hey Olivia! Glad that you've decided to blog! Can't wait to read all about your new adventures as you guys move and everything!

Unknown said...

excellent to reconnect! I can't believe you have a child. I guess you never did go on the mission huh? Good thing you had a small one with me. Remember when I hit you with the pillow because you wouldn't stop talking?! lol I tell people that story and they think I am SO mean....I want to say, Wait! You don't understand! This good could talk and talk, and she would do it after 10:30.....I was really tired by that point on my mission, I hope you have forgiven me!