Friday, December 12, 2008






















Ok, so these are the pictures Nadira will hate me for showing when she's older!
Nadira Anne Ghafoerkhan was born at 5:49 pm on Dec 5, 2008.
Despite how I look in these pictures, I was not medicated. I didn't plan on having a natural delivery, but by the time the doctor decided I could have an epidural (wasn't sure because of the rod on my spine) I was at ten centimeters, so there wasn't much point. One thing good I can say about it is that it went fast, much faster than with Anjali. We got to the hospital at 3:10, I'd been having contractions all day while talking on the phone to a few close friends and listening to Flogging Molly (very distracting). So we didn't have to wait long once we got there. She was out in two pushes.
I'd tell more, and post more pictures, but the little one must be fed (she's been camped out on the breast since birth)

2 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL!!!
She really does look JUST like Anjali!!! Drew says CONGRATS again too!!!

The Miller Family said...

How cute!

Sorry I didn't comment earlier, I saw this like right after you posted it...it's been that kinda week...I digress.

She's just beautiful! And you look darn good for just having had a baby! How's life as a mommy of "more than one at the same time" treating you? How's Nadira sleeping for you? How's Anjali reacting to the new baby?

Hope you're doing so great (I'm sure you are)! Call when you get a chance (if you're like me...it'll be when Nadira is, like, 5 months old, lol).