Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The end is nigh!!!

So things are a little upside down here.

Last Wednesday when I went in for my Dr. apt. (with Anjali my sidekick of course) there was protien in my urine, which is a sign of toximia, but my blood preassure was fine. Never the less, they wanted to send me next door to the hospital to be monitored and have test done and all this craziness. Meanwhile, Faiyaz was at work, over an hour away, and Anjali hadn't had lunch or her nap. So there was a mad scramble to get her to a babysitter, get her lunch, get Faiyaz back (because if things went bad at the hospital they were talking about inducing me) etc. It was chaos.

Everything was fine, I'm fine, baby's fine, but they are still watching me. Yesterday my blood preassue was a little high but my urine was fine. I have to go back tomorrow, and if anything is abnormal, they want to schedule an induction. Pitocin! BLAH!

So after Thanksgiving, Faiyaz's mom offered to take Anjali back to New York with her until after the baby comes since everything is so uncertain here. We talked about it, and as much as I hated it, I had to admit after our mad rush on Wednesday it would probably be best. So she's been gone since Saturday. The house is way too quite without her. And Saturday night, she got sick. Just a cold, but she sounds so pitiful on the phone, I hate not being able to hold her and baby her like I usually do when she's sick. I know this is probably for the best too, the last thing I need right now is a cold with a new born, and if she was here I'd get it and Faiyaz would get it, then we'd all be sick with a brand new baby in the house.

So here's hoping for natural labor to start soon, to blood preassue staying normal, a healthy Anjali coming home, and a healthy baby who we've decided to name Nadira Anne.

And here's to the nice, long nap I'm about to take :)

5 comments:

The Miller Family said...

I'm glad you guys settled on a name!

Sorry you've been having such a rough end to your pregnancy! But, very cool that you can just go take a nap when you want, thanks to your MIL!

Hope all goes well these next few days till baby Nadira makes her appearance!

Mrs. Blimes said...

even though i already knew all this your blog is still fun to read!

Jenn said...

I'm thinking of you and glad your mother in law was willing and able to help.

C'mon baby!

Unknown said...

i have been thinking and praying for you so much friend. i really hope for a speedy, natural delivery!

Jenn said...

Thanks Olivia...good for Faiyaz! Men catch on after while.