Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Obsession

I am again in the stage of writing I call Obsession, at the point when all I can think about is writing. The story, the characters, have become almost real. All I talk about is the book, I'm aching for feedback. My kids are blissfully ignorant, I think, but poor hubby has noticed how quick I am to snap at him these days. The house is a sty. The dog is lonely. I need to either join a writer's group, or Writer's Anonymous, or maybe even check into writer's rehab...but not until I finish the book. I think a few people have stopped speaking to me because of the book, one friend now only texts me. Today I am babysitting a friend's kids and the little boy I usually babysit, and I know I'm not going to get to write...and it's driving me nuts!

Do have anything that you obsess over, that takes over your life?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2009/07/you-tell-me-how-do-you-deal-with-am-i.html

This might help. :)

Olivia said...

lol, thanks Emily! I think I'm dealing by just reviling in the craziness...just wish I wasn't sucking everyone around me into the crazy vortex, lol.

Have you reached the crazy vortex yet?

Can I just say I love having you as a writing friend, I barely know you but I feel like I know you because of the writing e-mails and our chat, and reading your work. Thanks so much!