Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Query This!

I've got a Query for you:

What's large, rectangular, cost about a dollar fifty, and contains about 25 pages of my sweat and tears?

It's a query with partial included! I'm looking at three of them, ready for the mail.

How many have I sent out? Let me count...

80!!!! I've slowed down a lot since I had to start paying for snail mail, but yeah, 80!

Favorite Rejection so far? My own letter, mailed back to me with NO! underlined twice written across the top. Yep, thanks. Some are better. Most are printed form letters. Once the rejection came on a small sliver of paper so tiny at first I thought the envelope was empty.

I hate the time I have to spend trying to sell my self. Those three queries waiting to be mailed took me over an hour to do. To find and read the info in Writer's Market, double-check on-line, and put the thing together and record it in my log. I hate doing queries. Love the writing, enjoy the editing, hate the queries.

Supposedly the first book is the hardest to get published. I hope that's true.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck with these three....

Olivia said...

lol, thanks, they won't be the last!

Unknown said...

Good luck! I love the template, by the way.