Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Frustration is....

Okay, those of you with babies will feel me on this one. I've had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions with this one, a lot more than with Anjali, and they are uncomfortable.

So yesterday I started timing them. And spent the whole day walking around thinking I was in early labor, frantically nesting. I had Fai on red alert, ready to speed home on a moment's notice. And honestly, it really felt like the very beginning of the real thing.

And then they slowed to a halt last night. Yep. Still pregnant.

It's so hard this late in the game to feel those contractions and NOT get your hopes up that that light at the end of the tunnel you've been looking forward to is finally there. I'm glad that with Anjali I went around in blissful ignorance during early labor.

Any of you done that one before?

4 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

ah man i wanted to see pics of my baby today!!! go run up and down your stairs or something!!!

Unknown said...

Um. No.

But I hope to one day.


Love you!!

The Miller Family said...

Ah man! Bummer! Soon though! You know it CAN'T go to more than 41 weeks, so that's some comfort, right???

Olivia said...

I REFUSE to go to my due date, Lindsey. REFUSE. I have a plan. If I'm still pregnant the day after Thanksgiving, I will let Faiyaz drag me through all the Black Friday madness as I know he's dying to do...if that don't start labor, nothing will!